BGF JUNIOR DIVISION
Fourteen Clubs is the official provider of instruction for the Bahamas Golf Federation's Junior Division.
Chairman - Mrs. Gina Gonzalez-Rolle
If you are interested in representing the Bahamas at National Team events, please see the requirements below or please contact Gina for more information.
Junior National Team Requirements
Bahamas Golf Federation Junior National Team Selection Process
1. BGF Junior Division Member in good standing.
(Good standing requirements: - Fully paid member – Receptive to instructions – Mannerly & respectful – Being committed to follow all established rules & regulations during all tournament play, practice sessions and travel for the year.)
2. GPA of 2.50 or better
3. Bahamian Citizen and or resident. If junior golfer is not a citizen or resident, he/she must have lived in the Bahamas 6 months or more prior to the Caribbean Junior Golf Championships). (Proof of citizenship and of residency through travel documentation is needed)
4. Verification of handicap is required (Ghin or other handicap programming)
5. Able to walk and carry/ push their golf bag for 18 holes for 4 days consecutively.
6. Target Scoring Averages per age group- Boys 16-18 Division (80 gross avg. and below), Girls 16-18 (80 gross avg. and below), Boys 14-15 (80 gross avg. and below), Girls 14-15 (85 gross avg. and below), Boys 13 & Under (85 gross avg. and below), Girls 13 & Under (90 gross avg. and below)
7. Submit up to 10 tournament scores to be used in the BGF’s Junior Ranking System to monitor play, progression and help with team selection. Verified scores can be submitted from September 2018 to present date. Score submission must include the following tournament details- name, score, placement, yardage, date, whether walking or riding, and location.
8. Junior National Team to be named by Thursday, April 30th, 2019. Play in the 2019 Bahamas Junior National Championships does not earn juniors an automatic spot onto the Bahamas Junior National Golf Team.
9. The BGF Executive Board reserves the right to select as well as dismiss BGF junior members to all travelling squads.
10. Parents/ Guardians travelling on all BGF Junior National Team trips must adhere to theteam’s schedule (golf, meals, meetings and to and from the golf course)
11. If your junior golfer meets the above requirements please submit the following by April 20th, 2019-
A. Passport copy including main page, visa page and or police record.
B. Headshot to be used in Press releases for the BGF and the Caribbean Golf Association.
C. Short bio- 4/5 sentences that includes birthday, years playing golf, why they are happy to be future member of the Bahamas Junior National Golf Team and how they believe they will play inthis year’s CAJGC Championships scheduled for July 21-26th at the Albany Golf Club, Nassau Bahamas.
D. Shirt Size
E. Golf Ball Played
F. Golf Glove & Golf Shoe Size
G. Hat Preference- Visor or Golf Hat
H. Team Jacket- Send measurements if jacket is needed
I. List of medications taking including prescription and over the counter. J. List of supplements taking including prescription and over the counter. K. Any medical diagnosis including:
High blood pressure
Recent surgery (last 6 months) Any food allergies.